- 2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste
- 12 ounces filtered water
- 6 tbs apple cider or white vinegar
- 6 tbs honey
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Empty the tomato paste out into a medium saucepan.
- Adding a few tbs of water at a time, blending completely with the tomato paste before adding any more water. This will make it easier
- Add the rest of the ingredients once all the water is blended completely with the tomato paste, and stir until smooth.
- Put the saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat, keeping it a simmer, and cook for 10-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Watch for splattering, it’s virtually unavoidable, but try to keep the simmer as low as you can to avoid a big mess.
- Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, pour into a jar or bottle, cover, and keep in the refrigerator.
- For a very easy fermented version, before refrigerating, stir in a few tablespoons of whey. Then, cover and let culture at room temperature for 12-24 hours before refrigerating.
That’s it! Enjoy your delicious homemade ketchup on french fries and burgers or any other way in which you use ketchup.
If you enjoyed this, you might also like….