Dandelions are so useful! You can use the leaves, flowers, and roots for all kinds of nutritional and medicinal benefits. However, it’s not all leafy greens and home remedies! You can make a deliciously sweet jelly with it, too, that’s great to use in place of jelly, jam, or honey to top toast or sweets.
The first step is to collect your dandelions. You will need 4 cups of just the flowers, so it’s actually easiest to simply pick the flowers off the stems when gathering them, rather than just cutting the whole stem and having to go through the arduous process of removing the stems later.
So, once you’ve gathered up your dandelion flowers, you can proceed with the recipe:
- 4 cups dandelion flowers
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 box powdered pectin
Are you sick of depending on other people for your freedom? With an open mind, I urge you to take a second and listen to this video. Learn how you can manifest and snag the life of your dreams. Everything you’ve been asking the universe for could be yours starting today. <<<Click Here>>>
- canning jars, lids, and rings
- large glass bowl
- canning funnel
- Once your dandelion flowers are processed, with no stems, and washed and patted dry, place them in a large, sturdy, heat-proof glass jar.
- Boil a large kettle or pot of water, and pour over the dandelion flowers. At this point, you should let brew for several hours until you have a nice, dark, tea.
- Once you have your tea, you are ready to proceed to the jelly. You will need 3 cups of the tea (you can just drink the extra as tea if you like! It’s great iced)
- Add tea, lemon juice, and pectin in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar, and bring back to a boil. Let boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Fill your jars, and leave on the counter until the jelly has set, before storing in the refrigerator. Or, if you want to can them, you can at this point process in a water bath for 10 minutes.
That’s it! This makes a delicious gift for family and friends, or you can keep it all for yourself. Enjoy!